A fast way to create new resources in bulk is to import from a spreadsheet.
Basecamp users should not import resources from files (learn more)
Step 1 - Prerequisites
- You must be an admin to import time log files
- File type must be .CSV, .XLS or .XLSX and not be password protected
- Recommend Excel 2010 or higher (Windows) or Excel 2011 or higher (Mac)
- Spreadsheet columns or fields (required in bold):
- Resource Name (2 column) or First Name + Last Name (2 columns)
- Resource ID
- Email (does not send invitation or create new Roadmap user)
Download sample file for demonstration purposes (i.e. not intended to be imported into your account).
Step 2 - Import File
- Go to Import From Excel / CSV
- Drag-and-drop file to pre-process. You can also click "Resources" to open file selection dialog.
- Confirm if your file has a header, as well as how many rows the header takes-up
- Match or map columns to Roadmap fields
- Click Import button to
- System will display notification in the upper-right corner when import is complete. Click the notification to verify that all records were successfully imported.
Step 3 - Correct Failed Records (if necessary)
- If the "Records Failed" column is > 0, click on the name of the imported file
- System will provide the row number and error details for each failed record
- Correct the failed records
- Important: Delete all successfully imported records BEFORE re-importing to avoid duplicate entries
- Re-import the corrected file
Return to top