Import time logs from spreadsheet (Excel or CSV)
If you use a different system to track or log actual time, yet you want to compare planned vs. actuals in Roadmap, use the Roadmap API or import time logs from a spreadsheet.
Step 1 - Prerequisites
- You must be an admin to import time log files
- Your account must be 30-day Trial, Plus or higher and have time tracking enabled
- File type must be .CSV, .XLS or .XLSX
- Spreadsheet columns or fields (required ones in bold):
- Project ID or Project Name
- Resource ID or Resource Name
- Date of time entry
- Time logged against the project or work item
- Description of time entry
- Role Name of resource who logged the time
- To-Do Item Name (otherwise time logged against overall project)
- Milestone Name (otherwise time logged against overall project)
Download sample file for demonstration purposes (i.e. not intended to be imported into your account).
Step 2 - Import File
- Go to Import From Excel / CSV
- Drag-and-drop file to pre-process. You can also click "Time" to open file selection dialog.
- Confirm if your file has a header, as well as how many rows the header takes-up
- Match or map columns to Roadmap fields
- Click Import button to
- System will display notification in the upper-right corner when import is complete. Click the notification to verify that all records were successfully imported.
Step 3 - Correct Failed Records (if necessary)
- If the "Records Failed" column is > 0, click on the name of the imported file
- System will provide the row number and error details for each failed record
- Correct the failed records
- Important: Delete all successfully imported records BEFORE re-importing to avoid duplicate entries
- Re-import the corrected file
Return to top