General

1. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

This is a planned (future) enhancement. Thanks for your interest in Roadmap.

2. iOS app for traveling PMs

I and a number of others in my office use basecamp VERY frequently, and a roadmap app would be a sublime accompaniment to that.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add To-Do List as a View

When you are on a project, it would be nice to be able to view to-dos based on their to-do list. Right now, it just lists out all to-dos. We have some projects where the to-do item names are the same but they are under different to-do lists. It's hard to figure out which to-do is which with the current view.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. require password change

When adding a user, it would be great to have the option to force them to change their password upon logging in.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. individual 'complete' function in a milestone for individual resources

individual resources in a milestone should be able to mark their work as completed without mark the whole mile stone as completed.

Wen i assign multiple resources (for example a designer and a UX) to work together on one mile stone, one resource might be done with his work earlier than the other.

However, if one resource ticks the task in his 'work items' list as completed, it automatically drops out of the work item list of the other resource.

it would be great, if you could build a functionality, that enables individual resources to tick their part as completed…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add billing status to to-dos, lists and milestones

Particularly when entire projects or parts of projects are tracked and billed on a T&M basis, it can get very difficult to track which items have been billed and which have not when doing progress billing. Some sort of tag for billable status would be incredibly helpful, especially if it were a filter option on time reports

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The dashboard does not scroll horizontally, even if the page isn't wide enough.

Add horizontal scrolling to dashboard pages - currently, it only scrolls vertically. I can't get to the "settings" icon on the ones that are off to the right without finding a way to make my screen bigger.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow To Do items to be added independently of To Do Lists

Single To Do items would be very useful as to add a list for one item is a bit overkill. The thing with lists is not being able to assign resource to them and treat them as an item in their own right.
    Also to be able to add dependencies to single items that are on their own (as described) or to milestones or other To Do items outside their To Do list would be very useful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow importing of MS projects into existing projects, rather than just into new ones

Currently the import of MS Project files is into a new project. It would be great if a task list could be imported from MS Project into an existing project.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a Dashboard level date toggle for dashboard widgets

On the dashboard I would like to ability to toggle all of the dates at one time. For example, if I have 6 widgets with different roles and I want to forecast out 12 weeks I hould not have to adjust 6 widgets. There should be a 'parent' dashboard date to toggle to the specified time period which updates all the widgets.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project Selection - Custom Calculations for ROI

I'd like to use Roadmap to help evaluate and select project planning and budgeting for future projects by having options to calculate some ROI numbers, based on project attributes. This would let things like expected margin, planned ROIs, based on some attributes like market amount, etc to use in some custom formulas.

For example, ROI could be Fixed Price Cost / Actual Cost
    OR: (Fixed Price - Actual Cost) / Fixed Price

This way, ROI could be used to rate future project as a project selection tools, as well, to help use a consistent metric on projects as they are…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. project health on work items

We currently have some larger projects with multiple work items. These work items have different deadlines. I would like to be able to show a different health for the work items which are overdue instead of changing the health of the overall project. I also wonder is there a way I can get roadmap to automatically change the project health if the due date is missed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a null to the filter on created attributes

I've set up a custom attribute that is whether a project is new or not. When it is imported into Roadmap from Basecamp I set this to yes and my team leads are to review any "yes" enter the additional custom attributes and then change the project new column to no. It would be nice to have the ability to filter this attribute by the nulls so I could easily find the imported projects. And by the way I LOVE the new features you have been pushing out.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Capturing Project Expenses

Projects have pass through expenses. i.e. rentals, print work, licenses, etc... There should be a tab or input to add these types of expenses to help manage the project budget. Would love to see this feature! Thanks for the great product.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Project Filter by Keyword

We have multiple teams using a single Basecamp, so it'd be great if we could setup Roadmap project filters that search for a keyword in the project title. ie: any project with "Email" in the title filters automatically into the "Email Team" filter, etc. This would allow our consultants to focus on the projects in Basecamp and the managers to easily focus on their teams in Roadmap without unnecessary back-and-forth.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. comic scripe

Design softwear

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Project Dependencies

Same concept as milestone dependencies only being able to set dependencies on projects rather than milestones only

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Bill King responded

Project-level dependencies are in development and scheduled for November 2015

18. Rename Gantt Filter choices and behavior for clarity

I just discovered where my Completed todos are.
    When I checked off todos they disappeared from the default (Filter: None) Gantt view. When I chose Filter: Recently Completed they reappeared.
    I think the naming of the choices and their affect is non-intuitive. I'd expect the 'None' choice to show all elements, including complete, in the Gantt, and a Filter: 'Uncomplete' to show everything not checked off.
    Please reconsider renaming the choices for clarity

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allowing time selections when adding an event

So that adding a company event on a specific day doesn't remove the ability to select that day for to-do due dates (unless I'm missing something)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Bill King responded

Events were originally designed to mirror how Basecamp users them.

Events are just like milestones except you cannot assign a resource, estimate effort, or log actual effort. Thus, you could use a milestone as a workaround.

That said, your point is well taken. Perhaps we provide the option to create an event or a meeting, the latter of which allows you to assign resources and time against it.

Thanks!

20. Mouse hover makes names visible

When a name exceeds the visible character length in the project name field it would be very useful to have the name become fully displayed as a mouse hovers over it for 1 second.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base