General

1. change the icon for actions

The icon for "action" on the top right of the screen is very similar to the common icon for "share" and is very confusing to me as a user. It took me ages to figure out that it is for doing things like deleting as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make your Contains Filter a Free Form entry

The items to select from in All Filters are not sorted, so it makes using the filters almost useless. Especially the Contains item.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow for temporary resources

We are working with temporary resources sometimes, it would be helpful to have the option to enter an entry and departure date for a resource

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bill King responded

You can use mark the resource as “not assignable”. Please see this short tutorial on cleaning-up imported Basecamp data, which covers how to mark resources as not assignable: https://vimeo.com/125278027

4. Copy Time Entries to another day in the Time Tab

In the Time Tab if you had the option to Copy as opposed to just edit or delete individual entries, we could simply view last weeks time sheet in the time tab and copy the entries as opposed to bouncing back and forth between the Work Items Tab and the Time Tab. Another option would be to be able to filter all of the individual Work Items in the Time Tab filter area.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add scrolling to the Availability Bar Graph on the Resource 360 page

On the Resource 360 page, I suggest that you add functionality that will allow users to scroll through the weeks on the availability bar graph on the Resource 360 page. This would mirror the functionality found on the Availability widget for the Dashboard and keep me from having to open an additional tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to edit items (start date, end date, check off as complete etc) from the "Work Items" tab.

I love the new "Work Items" tab. What would make it more useful is if I could edit the different fields from that tab, instead of having to open another view to get it. It'd be great to be able to edit start date, end date, mark items as complete, change resource assignments etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Bill King responded

Ability to mark as complete / incomplete and add/edit resource assignment is in development. Probably released in the next few weeks. Editing dates may come later. Challenge with dependent relationships as an upstream date change can trigger many downstream changes, which must be recalculated and page reloaded. Not ideal user experience.

7. Custom Work Items attribute

Add Custom Work Items attribute

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Maarten,

That is indeed part of our product roadmap (lowercase “r”). The underlying data structure is already in place, but the UI needs to catch-up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
    Bill

8. Incorporate Todo list level

Add options to plan, log time etc on Todo LIST level. (Subprojects per project)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add more Excel like capabilities where cells can take equations.

Allow users to create columns that can hold equations so for instance, if I have project data where I can input project value, and the input cost and generate a ratio of value to cost.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the To-do list title as a column on the new Work Items page

We currently have multiple to-do lists within a single project. Some of the to-do's have the same name as those in another list so it may get confusing, can you add the to-do list title as a column on the work items page as well?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't show grouped field data in the regular list.

If you're grouping by a field (for example project name on the work items page) the project name is shown in the group area and can be sorted there. Remove this field from the grid since it's already shown.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Jason,

Will have to check and see if the pivot column can be removed from view. We use a 3rd party component that, while very flexible, may not support this.

In the meantime, a possible workaround is to move the pivot column to the right-most column in the view, thus, it’s no longer taking up visible space. Not sure if that’s helpful or not.

Best,
    Bill

12. resource dependencies

add resource dependencies to allow connection of todo's across multiple projects, for example if a member completes a task early or late the todo is linked to their next task which may be on a different project. this would allow more seamless scheduling of tasks and resources. Spending less time working our what connects to what.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Force all scheduled items to shift to the next day when entering a resource sick day

I've run into this issue multiple times now as I juggle four schedules of various employees.

I may have a day scheduled out for a designer, let's say. She calls in sick, which throws off production for the day. When I enter her in as being sick on the Resource calendar, I would like everything on her day's work to either shift to tomorrow or somehow be accessible/visible on the dashboard so I can decide how I want to reallocate my projects for the day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give a color to show any resource that is utilized in availablity grid

It would be useful to be able to clearly identify resources with no utilisation at all. Therefore, I would suggest to give a colour to any utilisation below 70% as well

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a Dashboard Widget to View items assigned to resource

I love the idea of the Dashboard and being able to quickly see all important aspects in a nice view. It would be more helpful if I could have a widget that would pull just the items assigned to a resource in a to-do list. Being able to check off from the Dashboard would be an added bonus. With the current widgets, I can see the resources availability and utilization, but not what they are specifically assigned to, at a glance. I have to click on the widget and then I only see the details for that one item.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow custom attributes on projects that aren't global

We have 1 user that's adding multiple attributes to his projects. The attributes aren't needed on any other projects - is there a way to restrict this? If not, can this functionality be added?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Roadmap to open a task directly in Basecamp

Currently I cannot see any way to open a task in Roadmap directly in Basecamp, which means a tedious "check task title / open BC / open project / find task / open task / etc..." process...
    Why the plugin you developped cannot allow the opening of any tasks' direct equivalent straight into BC (ideally, using a new tab!).
    Txs,
    G?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Horizontal scroll in Gantt chart view

It could be very helpful implement horizontal scroll in gantt chart view instead than click on side bars. So with trackpad (like in Mac laptop) you can scroll left and right with two fingers.

Thanks, Luca.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a new widget for Roadmap

A widget that shows project % complete.

6 votes
    Vote