General

1. Dashboard & Resource 360 by Month

I would like to be able to configure the resource dashboard widgets to display months (6 at a time minimum or 12 rolling months ideally) as well as the resource 360 page. Could there be a global setting to configure everything to display by month as a default?

For our purposes, week or day views are too fine of a resolution. We focus on projects, resource utilization, etc. by month.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Freeze the resource name column in the Availability Grid by Resource View

Currently when viewing multiple weeks in the Availability Grid by Resource View, the resource names disappear when scrolling to the right. It would be great if the resource name column could be frozen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. An Idea Pipeline

Provide a way to track ideas that are not yet part of projects, but need to be considered. Entries in the idea pipeline could be,prioritized (and more) and moved or copied to projects when they float up to the top in the priority list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bill King responded

Hi Pam,
    This aligns well with how we are designing Roadmap 2.0, where everything is a “molecule”. Molecules can be stand-alone ideas awaiting inclusion in a project. Meanwhile, projects are a collection of molecules. The underlying architecture will support this capability but the UI to support this as a feature will come later.
    Thanks!

4. Do not refer to team members as as "Resources"

In an effort to humanize my team, rather than objectify them, I'm going to start a crusade within my HR department to refer to employees as "employees", "colleagues" or "team members", rather than "resources". Has anyone at Roadmap considered this terminology and how it might affect the treatment of employees? I would much rather fill out my Gantt charts with Team Members than Resources. It would be an extensive one-word change, but I also think it might be the type of small change that has a huge impact on how people treat each other at work. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Julia,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Our customers use Roadmap for forecasting people, places, companies and things (e.g. labs, machines). Thus explaining why we chose to use a generic term like “resources”.

We are working on Roadmap 2.0 and will investigate the possibility of allowing users to use their own labels, or we distinguish the different types of resources.

Best,
    BIll

5. Make budget permission checkbox available to all user groups

Right now, the checkbox is really only applicable to users in the admin group. Make the budget permission checkbox available to use with any other user groups. (So that the finance team who aren't admins can do their part, or PMs in the read-write all group, can monitor the profitability of their projects.) Please and thanks. :-)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow more filter options (attributes) for the Resources/Availability Calendar View

The Resources Availability Calendar shows loading for an adjustable period of time and is useful for planning. However, the resources that you see can only be filtered individually (Filter by Resource) or by project role (Filter by Project Role). There are multiple attributes that may be more useful, such as custom attributes for Work Teams or Subcontractors.

Please extend the filtering options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add percent completed status for individual work list

It would be nice for RM to be able to report back on individual work lists as opposed to an overall project health. It would be more useful for me to be able to identify that work list 1 is 35% complete and work list 2 is 74% complete than it would be for me to know an aggregate of the 2 combined.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow adding subcontractors

When subcontractors are hired to work on projects, we need to be able to assign them to the tasks for our budget perspective, but we don't want these individuals to show up on all of our summary dashboards and calendars. They are not our resources.

So, when "add resources" you can pick a name or a company. If we could pick a name and check a box that says "subcontractor" and then also name a company, that would be fantastic.

These individuals would easily be excluded (via "include/exclude" subcontractor logic) from basic counts of resources and would not show up…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to flag a Roadblock with severity of the Issue (i.e. Red, Amber or Green).

Ability to flag the severity of a RoadBlock (Issue) with Red, Amber or Green. This would help in being able to determine how much resource needs to be assigned in resolving the issue. A complete by date would also be helpful.

The flag would be select able from the projects tab, so you can create a new view on issues and see the severity of them to report on. Also date stamp would be beneficial.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide "latest note" function for work items

Provide "latest note" function for work items

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make roadmap extension for Basecamp available for Android

Part of our time we are using Basecamp when travelling. It would be very nice if the time tracking add-on of roadmap can be used also in Basecamp on my Android smartphone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. reallocate time through resource report

I am often reallocating and rescheduling time on projects for my resources - If I could shift the task to be complete by a resource in the reports / resources graphs this would massively save me time when scheduling and re scheduling works and clean up a number of items that take me time to prepare.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Log Time Box in Time View

I suggest you widen it to look like the odometer. It's too small now and truncates the job numbers so they are hard to find.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. “Smart” date entry

If I enter 6/10, would like it to register as 06/10/2015 (on time entries, or when assigning dates to to-dos).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy a time entry

Copies over all entry info (project, duration, notes, etc.), but just for a new date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a way to track Freelance Overtime Hours

Provide a way to account for time x .5 per hour per day (8+ hours) and/or by week (40+) hours. This needs to be downloadable via excel or better yet able to be forwarded through the program for management approval.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Continue improving/revert back to some functions on the projects page

Before you made all the changes to the system I could easily filter my projects to see what was the oldest (past due) just by clicking on the header. Now I have to add a whole bunch of filters and I'm still not really able to show all the information I want to look at. I feel like i'm working in excel and its rather frustrating. It seemed much easier to use before you made the changes

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

We plan to improve the filtering with the following: 1) filter by columns that are not displayed; 2) adjust column display order in the sidebar; and 3) apply more granular filtering to Dashboard views, including widget-level filters. The exact timing of these improvements is TBD but it’s possible work will begin in June.

Thanks for reaching out!

18. "CLASSIC MODE" BUTTON

The new version does not have the same capabilities as the old version and we can no longer do what we need to do when using roadmap. the old version of roadmap worked perfectly with the drop down "expanded" view that allowed us to check off mile stones, change dates, and add notes . Is it possible to add a "classic view" button to switch over to the old interface?
    If this is not possible atleast make the updated interface able to do the same things as the old one, it makes no sense to take away capabilities in an…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Jason,

We are working to fill the gaps between the pre- and post-March 28 release. Thanks for your patience.

Best,
    - The Roadcrew

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include functionality to add Resource field to Project View

Currently there are limitations with the field/column selection for both projects and work items. It would be ideal to be able to select all fields in either of these views. e.g. Work Items should include the project description and Projects should include the assigned resource.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base