General

1. JIRA: Populate JIRA's Logged Time Tracking field via Roadmap plug-in

At present the Roadmap plug-in for JIRA updates the following JIRA fields for Time Tracking:
    1. Estimated;
    2. Remaining.

However, the Logged field is not updated. This is very useful for using the JIRA dashboard for reporting. Could you use the Roadmap Log time plug-in for JIRA to populate this field?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Thanks for your feedback! Your request has been added to JIRA integration enhancements scope.

2. Do not refer to team members as as "Resources"

In an effort to humanize my team, rather than objectify them, I'm going to start a crusade within my HR department to refer to employees as "employees", "colleagues" or "team members", rather than "resources". Has anyone at Roadmap considered this terminology and how it might affect the treatment of employees? I would much rather fill out my Gantt charts with Team Members than Resources. It would be an extensive one-word change, but I also think it might be the type of small change that has a huge impact on how people treat each other at work. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julia,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Our customers use Roadmap for forecasting people, places, companies and things (e.g. labs, machines). Thus explaining why we chose to use a generic term like “resources”.

We are working on Roadmap 2.0 and will investigate the possibility of allowing users to use their own labels, or we distinguish the different types of resources.

Best,
    BIll

3. Continue improving/revert back to some functions on the projects page

Before you made all the changes to the system I could easily filter my projects to see what was the oldest (past due) just by clicking on the header. Now I have to add a whole bunch of filters and I'm still not really able to show all the information I want to look at. I feel like i'm working in excel and its rather frustrating. It seemed much easier to use before you made the changes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to improve the filtering with the following: 1) filter by columns that are not displayed; 2) adjust column display order in the sidebar; and 3) apply more granular filtering to Dashboard views, including widget-level filters. The exact timing of these improvements is TBD but it’s possible work will begin in June.

Thanks for reaching out!

4. Custom Work Items attribute

Add Custom Work Items attribute

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Maarten,

That is indeed part of our product roadmap (lowercase “r”). The underlying data structure is already in place, but the UI needs to catch-up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
    Bill

5. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a planned (future) enhancement. Thanks for your interest in Roadmap.

6. Capturing Project Expenses

Projects have pass through expenses. i.e. rentals, print work, licenses, etc... There should be a tab or input to add these types of expenses to help manage the project budget. Would love to see this feature! Thanks for the great product.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base