I suggest you ...

Show the Basecamp comments on To Do items in Roadmap. Allow comments on to do items in Roadmap.

In Basecamp, you can put comments on a to-do item. I would like to be able to see those comments in Roadmap as well as to be able to add additional comments if needed.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Donna WhitigDonna Whitig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Bill KingAdminBill King (CEO, Roadmap) responded  · 

We are evaluating the best way to incorporate 3rd party collaboration — e.g. comments in Basecamp and other (future) integrations — in Roadmap. We do not want to reinvent the collaboration already provided by other apps.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TofuTofu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised on how popular this request is. I would actually disagree and caution adding comments to Roadmap could over complicate the UI. Our teams do all daily communication within Basecamp.

• jon.owenjon.owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bill - I understand why you cant commit to firm time scales - but is there an indicative time frame for adding comments on to do items in Roadmap?

• RCGRCG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any timing on this? Without it I am a little unclear on how to manage communication on tasks.

• Bill KingAdminBill King (CEO, Roadmap) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The design work for this is already underway. It will be part of a larger refresh of the Project 360 / Resource 360 pages, which will also include time tracking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base