General

1. filter completed tasks (include/exclude completed tasks)

Add a filter to include or exclude completed tasks.

Example. Would like to see a resource's tasks, but only for items that have not been completed.

Currently if you filter to a single resource, there are items show up that are not for the resource, because there is a closed task assigned to the resource.

This behavior is not helpful when trying to review what a resource has assigned AND active.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enter new todo name

Would like not to delete the prompt to create a new name...once typing starts the prompt message should be replace with the text being entered

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable Federated SSO Support with SAML

Hello, please would you consider enabling the SaaS service to be configured into corporate federated Single-sign-on mechanisms by supporting SAML tokens in PPMRoadmap

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Project Filter by Keyword

We have multiple teams using a single Basecamp, so it'd be great if we could setup Roadmap project filters that search for a keyword in the project title. ie: any project with "Email" in the title filters automatically into the "Email Team" filter, etc. This would allow our consultants to focus on the projects in Basecamp and the managers to easily focus on their teams in Roadmap without unnecessary back-and-forth.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow resource costs to be taken into account.

Currently if you are going over budget on a project, the project budget will tell you how much you should have charged for this project. e.g. a $10000 @ $100 per hour that goes 20 hours over budget will show a projected budget of $12000.

What would be more useful is if it could show you how much that overage is eating into your project profit.

Say I have a developer who costs $50 per hour on this project. Initially I would see that the project is costing me $5000. However with the extra hours it is now costing my…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rename Gantt Filter choices and behavior for clarity

I just discovered where my Completed todos are.
    When I checked off todos they disappeared from the default (Filter: None) Gantt view. When I chose Filter: Recently Completed they reappeared.
    I think the naming of the choices and their affect is non-intuitive. I'd expect the 'None' choice to show all elements, including complete, in the Gantt, and a Filter: 'Uncomplete' to show everything not checked off.
    Please reconsider renaming the choices for clarity

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. comic scripe

Design softwear

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a null to the filter on created attributes

I've set up a custom attribute that is whether a project is new or not. When it is imported into Roadmap from Basecamp I set this to yes and my team leads are to review any "yes" enter the additional custom attributes and then change the project new column to no. It would be nice to have the ability to filter this attribute by the nulls so I could easily find the imported projects. And by the way I LOVE the new features you have been pushing out.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. project health on work items

We currently have some larger projects with multiple work items. These work items have different deadlines. I would like to be able to show a different health for the work items which are overdue instead of changing the health of the overall project. I also wonder is there a way I can get roadmap to automatically change the project health if the due date is missed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The dashboard does not scroll horizontally, even if the page isn't wide enough.

Add horizontal scrolling to dashboard pages - currently, it only scrolls vertically. I can't get to the "settings" icon on the ones that are off to the right without finding a way to make my screen bigger.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow custom attributes on projects that aren't global

We have 1 user that's adding multiple attributes to his projects. The attributes aren't needed on any other projects - is there a way to restrict this? If not, can this functionality be added?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give a color to show any resource that is utilized in availablity grid

It would be useful to be able to clearly identify resources with no utilisation at all. Therefore, I would suggest to give a colour to any utilisation below 70% as well

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. resource dependencies

add resource dependencies to allow connection of todo's across multiple projects, for example if a member completes a task early or late the todo is linked to their next task which may be on a different project. this would allow more seamless scheduling of tasks and resources. Spending less time working our what connects to what.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Work Items attribute

Add Custom Work Items attribute

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Maarten,

That is indeed part of our product roadmap (lowercase “r”). The underlying data structure is already in place, but the UI needs to catch-up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
    Bill

16. Add scrolling to the Availability Bar Graph on the Resource 360 page

On the Resource 360 page, I suggest that you add functionality that will allow users to scroll through the weeks on the availability bar graph on the Resource 360 page. This would mirror the functionality found on the Availability widget for the Dashboard and keep me from having to open an additional tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy Time Entries to another day in the Time Tab

In the Time Tab if you had the option to Copy as opposed to just edit or delete individual entries, we could simply view last weeks time sheet in the time tab and copy the entries as opposed to bouncing back and forth between the Work Items Tab and the Time Tab. Another option would be to be able to filter all of the individual Work Items in the Time Tab filter area.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for temporary resources

We are working with temporary resources sometimes, it would be helpful to have the option to enter an entry and departure date for a resource

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Bill King responded

You can use mark the resource as “not assignable”. Please see this short tutorial on cleaning-up imported Basecamp data, which covers how to mark resources as not assignable: https://vimeo.com/125278027

19. make your Contains Filter a Free Form entry

The items to select from in All Filters are not sorted, so it makes using the filters almost useless. Especially the Contains item.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. change the icon for actions

The icon for "action" on the top right of the screen is very similar to the common icon for "share" and is very confusing to me as a user. It took me ages to figure out that it is for doing things like deleting as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base