6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recently Completed Filter

Please can you add the ability to filter milestones in grid view by 'recently completed' otherwise it is difficult to review what items have been completed.

p.s. We recently completed a milestone and it is not visible in gantt view with the filter on. Other previously completed items are there but this new one is missing.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Tracking numbers & threaded messages for roadblocks (i.e. issues)

Automatically generate unique tracking numbers for roadblocks (but allow users to over-write). Support for adding time/date stamped updates to the roadblocks to track progress.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update resource availability based on actual time not planned

Currently when assigning To-do's the graph that shows resource availability is generated by total time available minus the planned time of assigned todos. When the resource add the actual time spend on a to do the graph does not change.

Example.

Billy has 1 todo for this week and works full time (40 hrs)
    The Todo is estimated to take 5 hours but actually takes 10 hours.
    Billy's remaining available time should read 30 hours. Not 35.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. a freelance freemium version.

I suggest you to offer a freelance version with 3 projets. This feature will really help freelancer to start their business. Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Collapsed/Expanded Button for Gantt View!!

We have a great Collapse/Expand button available on the toolbar for the Default Grid View, why not for the Gantt view? I am frequently asked to provide print-outs that show milestone completion below each initiative and right now, I have to manually do this for about 100 projects.

This makes little sense!!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add billing status to to-dos, lists and milestones

Particularly when entire projects or parts of projects are tracked and billed on a T&M basis, it can get very difficult to track which items have been billed and which have not when doing progress billing. Some sort of tag for billable status would be incredibly helpful, especially if it were a filter option on time reports

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to keep finished work-items in their original place instead of automatically transferred to the bottom of the list.

I'm using the Project 360 view to report status to my customer. When doing this now all finished workitems are placed at the bottom of the milestone to-do list. I want to be able to keep them in their original place to keep the timeline transparant.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Top Navigation keep on top (floating)

It would be great if the top navigation bar, would stay on top when you scowl down(floating). This feature would be especially helpful in the Grantt view, since adding Milestones / Events / others can become very tedious when you have to scroll up and down just to know which month you are in.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Changing allocation throughout a task

Currently when you assign a resource to a task, you can only set their utilisation level once (e.g. they are 100% allocated to that task). However, it would be really useful if you could change their utilisation throughout the task - e.g. 100% allocated to the task in the first week and 50% in the second week. This would enable you to work their allocation in around other tasks they need to do on specific dates.

I know that as a workaround I could add a duplicate task and change their utilisation for the days in question on that, but…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Kate, support intra-day forecasting is on our product roadmap. Thanks for using Roadmap!

12. iCalendar subscription to "just your own" work items

Presently you can subscribe to entire project(s) [http://ppmroadmap.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/109311], but this idea would allow you to subscribe just to work items assigned to you (across all projects).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to move tasks between to-do lists

I would love being able to drag a to-do item from one list to another or have a dropdown box to reassign/link it to a new todo list. Currently I have to delete the task and recreeate in the new list which is very tedious. I want to have a to-do list with unassigned items and when they get assigned move them to the active project list but I can't see an easy way to do this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

You can drag-and-drop to-do items and to-do lists on the Gantt. We plan to add this capability to Work Items later this year.

14. add the ability to assign users to multiple access group(s)

At the time of creating a new user we would like the ability to select multiple access groups.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add a new piece of functionality to the time/date dependencies

Hey folks. We love Base Camp and Road Map! One thing that I think would add a lot of value to our experience is to change how the reports treat 'time' versus 'date' dependence on a project. For instance, if a project is 'date' dependent, and we run past that deadline, then the report accurately reports that. However, if we have a project that is based on 'time' then it's definition of success depends not on a due date, but on total work hours. Therefore, if we put a 'time' dependent project on hold, Road Map should give us some…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Bill King responded

Thanks, Shawn. That’s a great suggestion. Note, the Schedule Audit feature tracks project drift from the original due date. Thus, the logical place to account for the “hall pass” is in Schedule Audit, however it’s only available to Pro subscription plans.

Would very much appreciate your ideas on how to display this in Roadmap, in addition to maintaining a dialogue as we work to find the best way to accommodate.

Best,
    Bill

16. Add rule options for user access groups

For some of my user access groups, it's working fine to be able to specify access levels by project. However, for other groups, I would like to be able to automatically give read-write access to a group for all projects with a particular client/Basecamp company. This would save a lot of admin work to add access to new projects automatically.

Thank you for considering.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. individual 'complete' function in a milestone for individual resources

individual resources in a milestone should be able to mark their work as completed without mark the whole mile stone as completed.

Wen i assign multiple resources (for example a designer and a UX) to work together on one mile stone, one resource might be done with his work earlier than the other.

However, if one resource ticks the task in his 'work items' list as completed, it automatically drops out of the work item list of the other resource.

it would be great, if you could build a functionality, that enables individual resources to tick their part as completed…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide a way to fit Gantt to screen for WYSIWYG pdf output

I would like to be able to fit the scope of any project to the available screen size. Fit Gantt to screen option? This would help with the PDF output result.

Thanks, JDoerr

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the app faster

Love the app (particularly love the project summary) but find overall that the application is very slow to refresh a screen.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show resource availability in a horizonal bar style and have Resource Groups (like Project Groups) for combined resource availbility

It would be great to have a horizontal calendar column/bar graph view of resource availability - one row for each resource. This could be combined with Resource Groups (i.e. dept, skill sets, etc) which could allow for collapsable/stacked/combined resource(s) availability by groups.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base