General

1. Create task-level and note-level permission settings for non-user and interested party resources

How do you separate communication between a project team and the client? The ability to strike a balance between transparency and candid communication would make the resources features truly useful. Otherwise, it seems the daily report is only truly functional for EITHER inter-company OR client relationship communication. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Roadmap to Exchange Calendar

I would like a way to allocate resources based on data from a Microsoft Exchange server. For example, if I have a meeting scheduled in Outlook for 4 hours today, can Roadmap change my availability? If possible, can Roadmap events be set to reminders in OUtlook as well?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a preference to the Gantt Chart Display Preferences to Expand All

We want to be able to see all active milestones and events under each project so they show when we download the gantt chart to pdf. Currently, we have to expand each project, one project at a time. It would be great to be able to either set a display preference that the projects always show in expanded view, or to be able to have a toggle button to toggle them all expanded or not near the timeframe and filter.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iOS app for traveling PMs

I and a number of others in my office use basecamp VERY frequently, and a roadmap app would be a sublime accompaniment to that.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow templates to have attachments

Basecamp just recently launched templates for their projects that allows for keeping the attachments. When we create a template there are times we would like to keep an common attachment such as a blank form that is always used with that project type.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team Specific Bank holiday's

We have both UK and US teams, and we need to be able to assign bank holiday's to either UK or US teams.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow first month of first quarter to be customized (Account setting affecting Gantt display)

For example, in some organizations, October is the first fiscal quarter.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Membership to multiple user access groups

It would be helpful to assign a user to more than one user access group at a time

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more Excel like capabilities where cells can take equations.

Allow users to create columns that can hold equations so for instance, if I have project data where I can input project value, and the input cost and generate a ratio of value to cost.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Agile Themes and, eventually, lower level agile elements.

(1) Themes are a great way to categorize projects by business value -- not necessarily by categorizing them into similar activity groups like Project Groups.

(2) Adding Kanban boards would be another next step (longer term) -- very suitable for organizing flowing task-oriented departments without going too far into agile sprints (which are scrum based).

(3) Eventually add scrum, sprints, etc so one tool can handle everything. Kinda like RallyDev(.com) and Hansoft(.com), but Roadmap is much easier to use and much more effective at the Roadmap level (of course).

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to color code to-do lists and milestones inside the work items list

Right now its quite hard to identify different items if we have lots of to-dos and milestones. It's all white and gray and it's even hard to spot where the to-dos for one milestone starts and ends.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change Last Login to Last Activity

Last Login could have been weeks ago and means very little, but last activity could have high value. I'd like to know when the last time a project manager or account manager has had activity.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

This will be included with the new time tracking and Project 360 usability enhancements

14. Make it harder to make changes

Currently, I find it too easy to make changes to project timelines in Gantt view by accidentally moving a milestone, for example. A pop-up window asking you to confirm the change would be most welcome for such cases. In case some users wouldn't want this extra step in Gantt view, they could easily disable it in the settings.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Supporting Multiple Basecamp Tokens (per user)

Currently Roadmap only allows one Basecamp token to communicate between Roadmap and Basecamp. The Basecamp token determines the user information and limits multiple Roadmap users from fully integrating with Basecamp (i.e. all posts are assigned to the use with the Basecamp token). This can cause users to miss email notifications from Basecamp.

I'd like to suggest that you support multiple Basecamp tokens per account so that the user information is accurate between Roadmap and Basecamp.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For "Manual" Percent Complete, allow people to type-in a value instead of the incredibly slow process of holding down the up/down buttons.

(1) Allow people to type-in a value. The up/down arrow keys are simply way to slow, and even if they were faster, it is still silly to force people to use them,
    (2) When using the up.down arrow buttons, the down-arrow should allow you to cycle backward past 0 and start at 100% and then go down. So if you want to specify e.g. 90%, you don't have to wait for it to slowly cycle from 0 all the way to 90.

FYI:
    "Manual" percent complete is useful for preliminary roadmaps where you walk into an environment and need to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Horizontal scroll in Gantt chart view

It could be very helpful implement horizontal scroll in gantt chart view instead than click on side bars. So with trackpad (like in Mac laptop) you can scroll left and right with two fingers.

Thanks, Luca.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enhanced security groups and permissions

I have a large number of IT teams and I want to be able to have each team manage their own environment individually (specifically add their own resources as they see fit) but with the ability to view other teams projects as part of improving cross team communications.

From what I can tell only account admins have the right to add resources but if I give other team managers, admin access they are then able to have full access to all projects (including projects outside their team) which is not appropriate. It is also too easy to accidently change settings…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Configurable option to protect from assigning tasks over 100% of the capacity of the resources

Currently, the process of matching the projects with the availability of the resources is awkward and not intuitive. For instance, if a resource has 8h working hours available per day, and has already 4h of tasks for day D, adding a new task of 6h on day D should open a window asking something like "Amount of hours exceeds daily capacity by 2h. What do you want to do? Opt 1: Proceed, Opt 2: allocate remaining hours on next available days, Opt 3: Cancel"

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Bill King responded

Real-time resource collision alerts are in development

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories