General

1. Connect Directly to Trello

I use Trello over Basecamp and have managed to connect Trello to Basecamp cards through Zapier which then connect to roadmap. A bit of a hassle. Was wondering if the same tight integration will be possible soon through Trello?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk Update on Project Attributes

Ability to "check box" all projects or individual projects in the list, then apply mass update to multiple fields on the selected projects. An example of this can be found in a tool called Assembla.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A "duplicate" option for time entries.

Having a copy or duplicate option in Time tab would save me so much time.

Ideally it would be in the same drop down as edit and delete and the new copy entry would show up as if I had clicked to edit it, so that I could change the date right away.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show unit in which a task was planned and let the user choose the unit when adding work items via "add work items"

When a work item (To-Do) is created, the standard unit will be the same as set for the project.
    When creating a task without setting the value for estimated time, the user can change the unit (hours, days, weeks, %) when changing the task later.

Let the user set the unit of a task while creating it initially, not only when editing later

When a task is set for a whole week but estimated time is set to 8h the users availability will show 20% for that task (40h/w)
    the task will show 8h planned.
    When a task…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. JIRA: Populate JIRA's Logged Time Tracking field via Roadmap plug-in

At present the Roadmap plug-in for JIRA updates the following JIRA fields for Time Tracking:
    1. Estimated;
    2. Remaining.

However, the Logged field is not updated. This is very useful for using the JIRA dashboard for reporting. Could you use the Roadmap Log time plug-in for JIRA to populate this field?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bill King responded

Thanks for your feedback! Your request has been added to JIRA integration enhancements scope.

6. Improve the Gantt UI

You need to improve the usability of the Gantt view. It is very fiddly to move elements around. In particular, it's almost impossible to accurately pick up an element every time. I have to try multiple times before I get the right bit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have the video end upon click

i am in the help section and am watching the video that shows updates. I closed it and the oveall help window and the video sound is still playing and I can't shut it off. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Bill King responded

Hi Marisa,

First off, sorry for the hassle.

Can you send the link or screenshot where the video continues playing? Is it the video you first see when you first log in or did it fly-out from the right-side?

Best,
    Bill

8. Do not refer to team members as as "Resources"

In an effort to humanize my team, rather than objectify them, I'm going to start a crusade within my HR department to refer to employees as "employees", "colleagues" or "team members", rather than "resources". Has anyone at Roadmap considered this terminology and how it might affect the treatment of employees? I would much rather fill out my Gantt charts with Team Members than Resources. It would be an extensive one-word change, but I also think it might be the type of small change that has a huge impact on how people treat each other at work. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julia,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Our customers use Roadmap for forecasting people, places, companies and things (e.g. labs, machines). Thus explaining why we chose to use a generic term like “resources”.

We are working on Roadmap 2.0 and will investigate the possibility of allowing users to use their own labels, or we distinguish the different types of resources.

Best,
    BIll

9. Ability to flag a Roadblock with severity of the Issue (i.e. Red, Amber or Green).

Ability to flag the severity of a RoadBlock (Issue) with Red, Amber or Green. This would help in being able to determine how much resource needs to be assigned in resolving the issue. A complete by date would also be helpful.

The flag would be select able from the projects tab, so you can create a new view on issues and see the severity of them to report on. Also date stamp would be beneficial.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a way to track Freelance Overtime Hours

Provide a way to account for time x .5 per hour per day (8+ hours) and/or by week (40+) hours. This needs to be downloadable via excel or better yet able to be forwarded through the program for management approval.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Continue improving/revert back to some functions on the projects page

Before you made all the changes to the system I could easily filter my projects to see what was the oldest (past due) just by clicking on the header. Now I have to add a whole bunch of filters and I'm still not really able to show all the information I want to look at. I feel like i'm working in excel and its rather frustrating. It seemed much easier to use before you made the changes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to improve the filtering with the following: 1) filter by columns that are not displayed; 2) adjust column display order in the sidebar; and 3) apply more granular filtering to Dashboard views, including widget-level filters. The exact timing of these improvements is TBD but it’s possible work will begin in June.

Thanks for reaching out!

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. change the icon for actions

The icon for "action" on the top right of the screen is very similar to the common icon for "share" and is very confusing to me as a user. It took me ages to figure out that it is for doing things like deleting as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make your Contains Filter a Free Form entry

The items to select from in All Filters are not sorted, so it makes using the filters almost useless. Especially the Contains item.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy Time Entries to another day in the Time Tab

In the Time Tab if you had the option to Copy as opposed to just edit or delete individual entries, we could simply view last weeks time sheet in the time tab and copy the entries as opposed to bouncing back and forth between the Work Items Tab and the Time Tab. Another option would be to be able to filter all of the individual Work Items in the Time Tab filter area.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom Work Items attribute

Add Custom Work Items attribute

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Maarten,

That is indeed part of our product roadmap (lowercase “r”). The underlying data structure is already in place, but the UI needs to catch-up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
    Bill

17. Add more Excel like capabilities where cells can take equations.

Allow users to create columns that can hold equations so for instance, if I have project data where I can input project value, and the input cost and generate a ratio of value to cost.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Roadmap to open a task directly in Basecamp

Currently I cannot see any way to open a task in Roadmap directly in Basecamp, which means a tedious "check task title / open BC / open project / find task / open task / etc..." process...
    Why the plugin you developped cannot allow the opening of any tasks' direct equivalent straight into BC (ideally, using a new tab!).
    Txs,
    G?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a planned (future) enhancement. Thanks for your interest in Roadmap.

20. iOS app for traveling PMs

I and a number of others in my office use basecamp VERY frequently, and a roadmap app would be a sublime accompaniment to that.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gathering Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base